Yes Mrs. Bickerson, you do win a prize for the first person to respond to the fun questions. By the way…you are FUNNY! So, I am sure you want to know what you win. Drum roll please, you win the title of Mary’s Favorite Personal Stalker!Filed under Random thoughts | Comment (0)
My friend Peggy (HI PEG!) sent this to me via email. You know, you’re supposed to fill it out and send it back. Well, I decided I would fill it out and post it.
1. First name? Mary
2. Were you named after anyone? The Virgin Mary herself.
3. Do you wish on stars? Only if they are shooting.
4. When did you last cry? Hmmm…maybe three weeks ago. I am sure I could look back and check this blog but I am just too lazy. All I know is I’m not cry’n now.
5. Do you like your handwriting? It’s okay.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Smoked turkey
7. What is your birthdate? FLAG DAY PEOPLE. June 14th!!!! And don’t you forget it.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? I am not much of a music buyer, but when I do purchase a CD they are sure to suck out loud. I think the last CD I bought was a Flamenco CD that I heard on MPR. Yes, I said Flamenco.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Hell yes.
10. Do you have a journal? I guess so.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, however, it doesn’t get me very far in my line of work.
12. What are your nicknames? Beth
13. Would you bungee jump? Yes, and jump out of a plane.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? The only shoes with laces I own are running shoes and that would be a yes.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Physically, yes. I could kick my own brother’s ass.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate with peanut butter in it.
17. Shoe Size? 7 ½ or 8 depending on the shoe.
18. Red or pink? Pink
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My butt. I would never have plastic surgery on my face, even though the bags could use a lift, but give me an extra $10,000 and I would get an ass re-shaping.
20. Who do you miss most? Grandma Esther. She was something else.
21. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? No.
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Ugly brown shorts and black Birkenstocks.
23. What are you listening to right now? Etta James, Next Door to the Blues
24. Last thing you ate? BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw, red wine, ice cream & coffee
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sparkly pink (they have sparkly kinds now)
26. Last person you talked to on the phone? My mother-in-law
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Lips
29. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes!
30. Favorite Drink: Red wine & coffee
31. Alcohol: No one should live without it.
32. Hair Color: Dark Brown
33. Favorite sport: Diving
34. Do you wear contacts? No
35. Favorite Food? Apple pancake at the Original Pancake House.
36. Last Movie You Watched? The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Actually, we have started and stopped the movie three times due to me falling asleep. Really, it’s not due to the movie, I’m just lame.
37. Favorite day of the Year? Flag Day (see # 7). If you didn’t make note of this day before, here is your second chance.
39. Summer or winter? Summer. I like it hot enough to be naked all the time, but only after my re-shaping.
40. Hugs or Kisses? Why choose?
41. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? I can’t pick one. I love them all except Crème Brule.
42. Most likely to respond? Erik or Mrs. Bickerson
43. Least Likely To Respond? My mother.
44. Living Arrangements? A van down by the river with cats and kids.
45. What Books Are You Reading? Truth & Beauty by Ann Patchett, Triathlon Training by Eric Harr & any number of child rearing books that are shoved in my bedside table.
46. What’s On Your Mouse Pad? I don’t have a mouse pad.
47. What Did You Watch Last Night? 10:00 p.m. news, I fell asleep.
48. Favorite Smells? Lilacs and Lavender
49. Favorite Sounds? My kids laughing, water and silence
50. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
51. What’s the farthest you’ve been from home? Hawaii
52. Do you have a special talent? I can stick my whole fist in my mouth. And yes Peg, I will show you at the family reunion in a few weeks.
Go ahead…try it (not your fist, the questions) its fun! Than post it in my comments section.Filed under Random thoughts | Comment (0)
The doctor says I have Adenoid Virus. She says it lasts about a week and that I will continue to have my 103 degree fever for three or so days, a bad cough, sore throat, icky red and gummy eyes, runny nose and that I won’t eat real well.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!Filed under CT | Comment (0)
I just bought a really cool pair of bike shoes for the bike I am borrowing from Mrs. Bickerson for my Triathlon. These shoes, not only look good (I would almost say sexy in their sleekness of design), but were a good deal. And, being as cheep as I am makes them kick ass even more.
Yesterday, I put on my new bike shoes for the virgin bike tour of my newly borrowed bike. I looked good! I felt cool! I road fast! I looked like I knew what I was doing! I was so cool riding this really cool bike, really fast.
As I finished up my morning ride, I was reveling in my new-found coolness. I slowed down, pulled into the driveway and immediately fell over onto the asphalt because I was unable to get my new cool bike shoes out of their clips.
Soooooooo, not cool.Filed under the body | Comment (0)
If a 130 pound woman was running west, at the pace of a 9 minute mile, and was pushing two children in a jogging stroller, totaling 72 pounds, and the wind was gusting at 35 miles an hour, head-on from the east, for half of the 5 mile run. How many extra calories would the runner burn-up during that run than if she wasn’t pushing the stroller and the wind weren’t blowing?Filed under the body | Comment (0)
I have decided to stop combing my hair.
I have given it a bit of a trial run, and I think I like it. Could there really be any repercussions for not combing one’s hair?
It’s not like I’m going to get fired.
And, easy as that, I will have a new look. I will call it, Organic.Filed under Uncategorized | Comment (0)
Who’s going to take it?
Choices: Kendra (Book Smarts Team), an ambitious and highly successful real estate entrepreneur from Florida or Tana (Street Smarts Team), a successful wife, top sales woman with Mary Kay, entrepreneur and mother of two from Iowa?
My vote…I would love to see Tana win, but I don’t think she has what Donald wants. And of course, I know exactly what The Donald wants!Filed under current events | Comment (0)
CT is smitten with Star Wars. Not only is he constantly talking about it, he is coloring pictures about it, and walking around the house trying to sound like Darth Vader. He has never seen Star Wars, however, he seems to know more than I do and I have seen most of them.
One kid in his preschool class has seen the first two movies, has talked it all up with his homies at school and the questions haven’t stopped for days.
Who is Darth Vader?
Why is he bad?
What does that mask do?
Are Anakin and Luke the same person?
Who are the robots and what do they do?
Does Yoda really want to die to give Luke more power?
What kind of guns do the Storm Troupers have?
And now he really wants to see the movie. Granted, he doesn’t know which movie, 188.8.131.52.5 or 6, but he knows he wants to see it. Is it too early for him to see the first Star Wars? My initial reaction is yes. I wasn’t swooning over Hans Solo when I was five. I was doing it a seven and then had to wait waaaaaay too many years to see if he got unfrozen and was still alive in the next movie. There is a lot of shooting. It has an adult plot line, etc, etc, etc…
But, is it any worse for my five year old son to see than The Incredibles, Shrek or Shark Tales (ok we haven’t seen Shark Tales, but you get my drift don’t you?)?Filed under CT | Comment (0)
Last night, before I got into bed, I asked Adam is Sudafed would keep me awake if I took it before bedtime. He assured me that it would have no harmful side effects, especially if I took it before bed.
So, I happily popped the little red pills into my mouth, looking for some relief from my head full of snot. I fell fast asleep until about 11:00 pm, at least that’s when I first remember seeing the clock, and then from then on out every two hours or so until daybreak.
Oh, it wasn’t that I couldn’t sleep. It was because I was dreaming in Technicolor. My dreams were so vivid and so real that I kept thinking I was literally living them at that very moment. On two occasions I found myself up and out of bed, searching for the kids that I knew were awake and in my room. On another occasion, I woke myself up because I was shouting so loudly, someone was putting something in their mouth that was surely going to choke them to death.
It was so f*&^%$-up! I couldn’t believe it. Those dreams just kept coming. Once fully awake I would find myself shaking my head and needing to get a drink of water, yet another side effect of Sudafed, dry mouth.
Even though my nose is still dripping like a faucet and my head feels as packed as a cotton stuffed dry-socket, I don’t think I’ll be reaching for those little red pills tonight. I don’t want to be responsible for what might happen.Filed under Random thoughts | Comment (0)